Friday, May 30, 2008

Big Girl Bath


Katen got a new big girl bath tub this week. It's a large inflatable duck that Daddy just LOVES having in his bathroom taking up room. She's having so much fun with it though. She can sit up in it instead of having to lay down in her infant tub. This allows her to play with toys in the water. She tracks her floating toy duckies with such concentration that it cracks me up. She also thinks she's a monkey and uses her feet to pull them nearer to her. I do have to watch her like a hawk in the water, because she's still a little wobbly sitting alone but it's worth it to see how much fun she's having splashing and playing during bath time. I can't believe how fast she's growing and learning. wow!

We also tried sweet peas last night. I was prepared for nasty faces but Katen looooved her veggie. I think she finished dinner in record time actually and was still making little hungry bird motions for more after she'd finished her portion. I'd stripped her down to just a diaper and her chubby belly but she's getting pretty coordinated and apparently didn't want to waste any food by wearing it for a change.

I can't say as much for pears. Katen will eat pears but not with as much gusto. I think they're kind of sour for her. Same with Sweet potato. She'll eat it but it's just okay. I think we'll try some plums next maybe. I'm also anxious to get to the farmers market and pick up some organic peas, apples, avacado, pear, and carrots to make food at home for her. We'll see how that goes. It's a good excuse to get the food processor out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what's on your mind. We'll allow anonymous comments as long as people use it appropriately.

Comment Policy:



Blog Archive